1. The competition will be held in three age categories:
- Participants born after 31.12.2008 (group I)
- Participants born after 31.12.2005 (group II)
- Participants born after 31.12.2002 (group III)
Participants can choose to perform in an older age group. However, they are obliged to adhere to the program of the chosen group.
2. The competition is open to the following instruments:
3. The competition will consist of two rounds:
I. Round: The auditions will take place from 08/30/2020 to 09/01/2020 at the Carl-Flesch-Saal at the Universität der Künste Berlin. The program has to be in accordance with the list published on www.young-ludwig.com. The results of the auditions will be published on the door of the venue after the end of auditions on 09/01/2020.
II. Round: The auditions will take place on 09/02/2020 at the Carl-Flesch-Saal at the Universität der Künste Berlin. The program has to be in accordance with the list published on www.young-ludwig.com. The results of the final round of the competition will be published on the door of the concert hall after the end of auditions.
4. All auditions are open to the public.
5. The prize winners are required to take part in the closing concert on 09/03/2020 at the Joseph-Joachim-Saal at the Universität der Künste Berlin.
7. The application deadline is 07/15/2020, 5:30 CET.
8. Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Photocopy of an official identification document
- Recent photo of the participant
- Copy of proof of payment of the application fee
9. Only complete applications will be processed.
10. The jury has the right to decline any application without stating a reason for doing so.
11. The application fee is 150,00 €. The fee is non-reimbursable.
The fee should be transferred at the time of application onto the following account:
Internationale Beethoven Gesellschaft e.V.
IBAN: DE 48 3608 0080 0422 5028 01
Bank: Commerzbank vorm. Dresdner Bank Essen
12. Certificates of participation will be issued upon request.
13. A Grand Prix in the form of a concert at the Berlin Philharmonic Hall with the Berlin Symphonic Orchestra will be awarded to one participant across all age groups and instruments.
14. The following prizes are awarded for each age category (across all instruments):
- I prize: 1.500 €
- II prize: 1.000 €
- III prize: 500 €
15. The jury reserves the right not to award prizes, or to split prizes between two or more participants. The decisions of the jury are binding and final.
16. The German version of this document shall be regarded as solely authoritative in cases of doubt with regards to the interpretation of the text. The jury’s decisions are final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
17. By signing the application form the participants confirm that they have read and consent to the a fore mentioned terms of participation.